- The race starts at 7:00am on Ruxton Ave directly in front of the Cog Railway Station at an elevation of 6,570 feet.
- The route proceeds 6.3 miles up Barr Trail, gaining 3,630 feet before turning around at Barr Camp (10,200 feet).
- Runners return back down Barr Trail to the finish up Hydro Street for a total of 12.6 miles.
- Course Map
- Strava Route
- Crazy 3D Model view (created by our past BTMR Champ and Record Holder, Paul Low. If you look closely, you’ll even see our pet mountain goat.)
- There are seven aid stations located on the course:
- Aid #1: Mile 1.7
- Aid #2: Mile 3.1
- Aid #3: Mile 4.2
- Aid #4: Mile 6.3 (Barr Camp turnaround)
- Aid #5: Mile 8.4
- Aid #6: Mile 9.5
- Aid #7: Mile 11.0
- Aid stations will be stocked with water and pending nutrition sponsor.
Runners who do not make the cut-off times below will not receive an official finish time and are not guaranteed course support.
- No-Name Creek (Mile 3.1): Cut-off at 1 hour 10 minutes (1:10) elapsed.
- Finish Line (Mile 12.6): Cut-off at 3 hours and 30 minutes (3:30) elapsed.
Members of El Paso County Search and Rescue will be on the course for runner safety. EPCSAR is an all-volunteer organization that does not charge for its services, but they incur many expenses throughout the year. For this reason, a portion of your entry fee is donated to EPCSAR.
Barr Camp is approximately 6.3 miles from the Barr Trail trailhead in Manitou Springs. It serves as the turnaround point for the Barr Trail Mountain Race. You can expect a 20 degree temperature difference between the trailhead and Barr Camp, and volatile weather any time of the year.
BTMR is an equal opportunity service provider and a permittee of the Pike National Forest.