THIS IS A BIGGIE, SO PLEASE READ!
There is NO parking within ¾ mile of the start/finish and we ask that no cars turn onto Ruxton Avenue on race morning (except for runner drop-off). Ruxton Ave has designated resident-only parking and you WILL be ticketed or towed if you park there.
**NEW IN 2022:
- We have negotiated a $15 parking pass for runners at Hiawatha Gardens Parking Lot ONLY. This pass will be available to purchase at packet pickup and race-day at Hiawatha Gardens Parking Lot (look for one of our helpful volunteers!).
- Only a section of meters will be turned on early for runner convenience on race day morning – the “early meters” will be those EAST of Chase Bank along Manitou Ave (400-block). Please note that parking meters are strictly enforced, so plan ahead.
- There is also free shuttle that leaves from the east side of Memorial Park (right next to the Hiawatha Gardens Lot) to the race start. This shuttle starts at 6:00 am and runs every 10 minutes. If you plan to take the shuttle, ARRIVE EARLY, as later shuttles will be more full and take more time.
- You may also park at the high school (suggested $5 cash donation) and walk to the shuttle or take a LOOOONG warm up to the start. The free shuttle starts at 6:00 am and runs every 10 minutes.
There are a few free areas recommended for parking and starting your warm-up (View Map):
Hiawatha Gardens Parking Lot (Old Mans Trail & El Paso)! A 1.40 mile warm-up starting by 6:23 am, or take the free shuttle.
Manitou Springs High School: (suggested $5 cash donation which will go directly to MSHS XC team) Approx. 2+mile warm-up starting by 6:15 am. (or run to the shuttle stop @ Hiawatha Gardens ~0.5mi)
400-block of Manitou Ave parking spots (East of Chase Bank – Old Mans Trail/Manitou Ave)! A 1.25 mile warm-up starting by 6:25am.
Manitou Springs has recently updated all of its parking policies/areas and rates. Please visit their website for more detailed and accurate parking information so you can avoid getting a ticket. The following information is from the City of Manitou Springs parking page: Manitou Springs Parking Information
Parking on city streets is available to any member of the public in Manitou Springs. All parking spaces downtown are pay-by-plate from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm 7 days a week. Since most meters don’t “turn on” until the race starts, we highly recommend making plans to park as noted above, or have someone drop you off 🙂
Parking Rates and information can be found on the Manitou Parking Rates page.
Port-a-potties are available at the start and finish areas.
Please bring your own bag and label it CLEARLY with your bib number.
Items left at sweat check will be moved to the finish area and will be located near the water station by the Barr Trail restrooms (finish line). We are NOT responsible for valuables, please only check clothing.
- NOTE: We are a CUP-LESS RACE! Please bring your own refillable cup or reservoir on course for your nutrition and hydration needs! You may fill your hydration at our Start line aid station if needed 🙂
Race Day Schedule of Events
5:45am – Race day registration and packet pick-up opens (near start line)
7:00am – RACE START
9:30am – Soda Springs Pavilion opens for post-race food, high school aid station voting, raffle
11:00am – Race cut off for finisher shirt
11:15am – Awards pick-up, Soda Springs Pavilion