- The race starts at 7:00am on Ruxton Ave directly in front of the Cog Railway Station at an elevation of 6,570 feet.
- The route proceeds 6.3 miles up Barr Trail, gaining 3,630 feet before turning around at Barr Camp (10,200 feet).
- Runners return back down Barr Trail the way they went up, except before reaching the Cog Railway Station, runners make a sharp left turn up (yes, and a STEEP uphill at that – it’s a fun challenge!) Hydro Street and finish in the Barr Trail Parking Lot for a total of 12.6 miles.
- There are four aid stations located on the course. You will pass them in the following order:
- Aid #1 Incline Overlook: Mile 1.7
- Aid #2 NoName Creek : Mile 3.1
- Aid #3 Bob’s Road: Mile 4.2
- Aid #4 Barr Camp: Mile 6.3 (Turnaround)
- Aid #5 Bob’s Road: Mile 8.4
- Aid #6 NoName Creek: Mile 9.5
- Aid #7 Incline Overlook: Mile 11.0
- Aid stations will be stocked with water and Gatorade (or similar).
Runners who do not make the cut-off times below will not receive an official finish time and are not guaranteed course support.
- Top of the W’s (Mile 1.9): Cut-off at 45 minutes (:45) elapsed.
- No-Name Creek (Mile 3.1): Cut-off at 1 hour 15 minutes (1:15) elapsed.
- Barr Camp (Mile 6.3): No cut-off.
- Finish Line (Mile 12.6): 4 hours (4:00) elapsed.
Members of El Paso County Search and Rescue will be on the course for runner safety. EPCSAR is an all-volunteer organization that does not charge for its services, but they incur many expenses throughout the year. For this reason, a portion of your entry fee is donated to EPCSAR.
Barr Camp is approximately 6.3 miles from the Barr Trail trailhead in Manitou Springs. It serves as the turnaround point for the Barr Trail Mountain Race. You can expect a 20 degree temperature difference between the trailhead and Barr Camp, and volatile weather any time of the year.